Sunday, July 29, 2012

Sometimes words aren't enough

My mom is in California, sadly shes not there on vacation.
My cousin was killed last week, my mom went to be with my aunt & uncle.
It has been years since she last went.

My cousin Mike was something else and maybe a bit on the wild side but we never judge him & we accepted him for who he was.
We didn't care what he did, we didn't care who he hanged with, we simply didnt care or base our affection for him on that.
We loved him bc he was part of us, part of this huge family.

The last time I saw him was years ago but we kept in contact. First MySpace then Facebook, he was never a stranger.
It hurts that hes gone, it hurts a lot. I hurt for my uncles, I hurt for my mom. Its a terrible feeling.
One I hope no one has to go through again.

My mom saw him a few years ago and he never changed with her he was lovable and loved to joke around with her. He was awesome with my brothers. They loved his huge pimped out van.

He was laid to rest yesterday (as in 7/27/12), he is resting in a better place now with better people in a much better world.
He will forever be missed and left a void that my uncles won't ever be able to fill.

I have great memories of the time we spent together as kids & teenagers, the last one I have was the best, it was in our teen years.
I remember it was me, 2 more of our boy cousins & a few friends of theirs, we did some crazy things it was great, just remembering that day puts a huge smile on my face and thats how im going to remember him.

He did make something happen that sadly it had to be under these circumstances but he made it happen. He ended a family distance between my mom & one of her sisters. A distance of 10-11 or maybe more years. Lets just say they hadn't spoke to eachother since 1998.
Not going into details about it, all I can say is I'm happy for my mom. I'm happy that all the family came together.
That peace was made between some hopefully just maybe it will stay that way.

Michael made a lot of the family come together family I didn't even know we had.
Unfortunately we all couldn't go. Some of us had tl stay and watch my dad, keep each other company.
Like they say we had to stay and keep the fort standing.
Maybe if they plan a family reunion & under other circumstances we all can make it.

I can see all the changes he is making happen he has made a difference already.

I do have to say I wish they could put a stop to gang violence.
My cousin was killed in a drive-by shooting in Oakland, California.
He took a bullet not intended for him. He was shot in the head right next to the temple.
From what I been told he was at the wrong place at the wrong time.
Gangs are out of control especially there.
You can't get schooled about gangs, you have to come from the streets to know how to handle them. Maybe they need to change strategies. Just saying you know.

It upsets me bc a life was lost.
He has kids that will never get to meet or see him, that will never get to know what a hug from him feels like.
They were robed of the opportunity of hearing an I love you from him. They were left fatherless.
A mom and dad were left with a tremendous amount of pain, a pain that may never heal.

Sadly he is no longer here.
As they say I'm not saying goodbye I'm just saying see you later.
You earned your wings and have become our guardian angel next to my gpa Rafay and my dearest nephew Josue.
R.I.P Mike, you won't ever be forgotten. June 24, 1983 - July 19, 2012

**I might of vented a little and somewhat lost the purpose of my post. It wasn't intentionally in anyway I just wanted to share what he made happen something no one could ever do and on the violence part I just spoke my mind. Finding the right words to express myself and to write this was hard. I don't want to offend anyone, if I did I apologize before hand.***

Chely

No comments:

Post a Comment