Wednesday, January 25, 2012

A few months ago I mentioned about one of my girls having a few health issues.
She had several test done to try and get an answer why she felt the way she did.

  Miriam has been hurting in her colar bone a lot lately. They swell up and cause a lot of discomfort. She also tends to sleep a lot or suffer from insomnia.
There would be nights she would be up really late trying to fall asleep. Then there would be days she could sleep all day. Literally all day.

Anyhow she had several test done. Lab, xrays ect.
The results were as follow, she had a low, below average Vitamin D level and her thyroid showed something abnormal. I'm not really sure what it was.
From this we were told we might have to take a trip down to childrens hospital in LR to an  Endocrinology clinic.
Having issues with her thyroid was that last thing we expected. I never heard of something like that in young kids.
We were lucky that they endocrinologist (sp) in Rogers will see her since she is 12 already. She has her appt on the 9th of Feb.

I been doing some reading and some stuff just sounds scary.
Which I'm sure she don't have any of.
Even tho some of the symptoms she has are almost alike.
I always thought heavy ppl only suffered from their thyroid problems but I was wrong.
Apparently this is common in kids and a lot more common in teens.

I can't help it, I'm worried. I guess that's part of being a mom.
For now all I can do is pray for positive results.

:/
Chely

1 comment:

  1. I have learned more and more that thyroid problems are common for anyone. I am just waiting (it runs in my family). Hope you get some answers!

    ReplyDelete